The Yukon Law Foundation was established pursuant to Part 5 of the Yukon Legal Profession Act . The objects of the Foundation are to maintain and manage a fund accumulated primarily from the interest on lawyers’ trust accounts, to be used for:
- establishing, maintaining and operating a law library for public use,
- contributing to the legal education and knowledge of lawyers and the people of the Yukon and providing programs and facilities for that purpose,
- legal aid programs and related programs for the benefit of persons unable to afford the legal services they require,
- contributing to the special fund,
- contributing to other related projects or activities.